Friday 29 February 2008

I love my slow cooker


I usually get home from work around 6.30pm and the thought of having to cook a meal at that time doesn't always appeal. I love cooking though, and really like to make sure I get a good meal. But by the time I've prepared and cooked something I don't get to eat until nearly 8.30pm...not ideal.

That's why I love my slow cooker. I've had it for years now but don't use it as often as I should. Last night I chopped up some veg, taking about 10 minutes then put it in some water to keep for this morning. I set my alarm ten minutes earlier than normal and after sealing the joint of lamb in the frying pan added it to the slow cooker with the veg and some gravy and left it on high for the day.

When I got home tonight the whole house smelt of lamb, it was such a good feeling to know that dinner would be ready and I wouldn't have to find something...or even worse go to the supermarket.

I must use it more often so I've dug out a slow cooker recipe book and I'll make sure it doesn't go back on the shelf to gather dust again!

No comments: