Friday 25 July 2008

July 13th 08 - Lunch at Gleneagles


While staying in Berwick I took the opportunity to go up to a place near Edinburgh called Dalgety Bay to see my good friend Ruby. She works in Edinburgh and we know each other through the Flickr photo site. She's a lovely lady and full of energy with a wicked sense of humour. I also enjoy being in her company so I was looking forward to seeing her. When I arrived we had a drink and a bit of a catch up then she suggested we take a short drive out to a hotel near her for lunch. I opted to drive and after a nice drive through the Scottish countryside we arrived at a beautiful golf course. She'd navigated me to Gleneagles Golf Course of all places. What a beautiful setting, a lovely hotel with great views of the surrounding hills and a wonderful golf course. We had lunch in one of the main bars in the hotel and it was lovely. We then headed south to visit Rosslyn Chapel before coming back to Dalgety Bay for dinner. Thank you Ruby, you're a star xx

No comments: