Friday 25 July 2008

July 24th 08 - meal and drinks with Ruby in Sheffield followed by a late night walk to find the car!


I went over to see Ruby at her conference in Sheffield this evening and we went for a drink then out to dinner with several of the delegates. Now for someone who knows nothing at all (apart from what Ruby has patiently tried to teach me) about linguistics I was really interested in the conversations and even managed an intelligent comment or too :))


Seriously though, they were a great bunch, really good company and all had fascinating stories to tell. Especially a guy from Zimbabwe who had some harrowing tales from the troubles over there and how the country is changing day to day. Really compelling stuff.


This photos shows the path I took back to my car, which I eventually found after walking the side streets for a little longer than I'd hoped for at midnight!

No comments: