Friday 25 July 2008

July 22nd 08 - Chilli plant success and a visit from Ruby


I can't quite believe it, but the chilli plant has survived me being away. It was very dry and a bit wilted in the sun, but amazingly it has now sprouted about 8 chillies. There were a few flowers when I left to go to Berwick and I hoped they might turn into chillies in time but I'm so happy to eventually have something from this plant. I'm no green fingered gardener so this is a proud day for me :) I just have to wait for them to mature now and then find something to cook with them...can't wait!


I had a visitor today too. Ruby came down to see me all the way from Edinburgh, she is at a conference in Sheffield for the later part of this week so I was the port of call on the way home. Lovely to see her again and spend time with each other. I cooked a meal and we chatted over a couple of bottles of red wine on the sofa...perfect.

No comments: