Sunday 10 August 2008

August 10th 08 - a walk round Beverley


It's funny (and I've talked to a lot of people interested in photography and they all say the same) how you don't often take photos in the town you spend the most time in. I hardly ever walk round Beverley with a camera, or seek out new places to take photos in the town. I suppose as I see this place everyday I take it for granted.


Today however, as it was a nice day, I decided to take a walk with the camera through the town centre and seek out new nooks and crannies to photograph. I headed over the main market area (Saturday Market) and St Marys Church at the top end of the town. I managed to time my visit nicely between the frequent showers and got some lovely weather. The place was pretty quiet too which helped get the photos I wanted without having to wait for a clean line all the time. I've posted more on my Flickr account, but this one stood out for me as it looks so unlike anywhere you'd find in this country. Especially with the vibrant blue sky, it looks more like Greece than East Yorkshire. It is in fact the top of the bandstand in Saturday Market.


I enjoyed exploring the town, so this certainly won't be my last time. It proves I definitely don't need to travel too far to find new things to shoot :)

No comments: