Sunday 10 August 2008

August 9th 08 - The best cheese scones on the planet


I'm very lucky to live in a town, Beverley in East Yorkshire, which has such a good market. I remember the town I grew up in, Worksop, having a dreadful market,m full of cheat tat and rubbish food. But Beverley is really spoiling me now with such a good market, full of a variety of excellent stalls and best of all some top notch local food.


My favourite stall is one where they sell all sorts of pastries, homemade cakes, scones and a massive variety of local cheeses. Here they sell quite possible the best cheese scones known to man. I used to think my Mum made the best cheeses scones on the planet before I moved to Beverley, but even she recognises how good these ones are.

So today, I treated myself to a batch and settled down to watch the Olympics this afternoon with some hot cheese scones and melted butter - yummy!

No comments: