Thursday 21 August 2008

August 14th 08 - a chilli plant rival


For those who may have seen my photos on Flickr over the last year you may be familiar with my chilli plant story. Basically I had a set of chilli plant seeds for last Christmas and have been gradually nurturing them ever since and they are now getting to the point where chillis might be about ready to ripen. It's been a long and hard journey we've been on, my chilli plant and I. So, imagine my horror when I arrived at Rubys this evening to find that she had gone ahead and bought herself a fully grown chilli plant from the garden centre. Hers is of course full of ripe chillis ready to be picked. Now I'm not jealous or anything grrrrrrr!!


I'll have the satisfaction one day of picking one of my homegrown chillis and cooking with it a fabulous meal....not like some certain cheater I could mention lol

No comments: