Wednesday 6 August 2008

July 26th 08 - Shiny shoes


Tonight I'm off to a formal dinner at Firth Hall in Sheffield. I've been invited by Ruby which is nice. We've not known each other for too long so it's great that she wanted me to come along. The dinner is for the Poetics and Linguistics Association (PALA) 2008 conference. Now I know I'm going to be way out of my depth as far as conversation is concerned but maybe my shiny shoes will make up for my lack of linguistical (is that even a word) knowledge :)


Actually, I'm really looking forward to it, I met up with Ruby and a few of the other people at the PALA 2008 earlier in the week and they are a great bunch, and any time to spend with Ruby has to be a good thing. Bring it on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no probelm with you being able to keep up with conversation! Besides, it was very handy to have a personal photographer there
:-)