Wednesday 6 August 2008

August 4th 08 - Paddling in the sea


I had a day off work today so after meeting a friend for lunch in town I decided to grab the camera and take a drive out in search of photos. Initially I was looking for some nice round hay bales in a field to catch a few photos with the golden light of late afternoon, but I drove for miles through the lanes and dales of North Yorkshire and didn't find one field that fitted the bill.


Then I spotted a sign for Scarborough and seeing as it was such a beautiful day I decided to take a trip to the coast. When I arrived the tide was right out and the sky was bright blue without any clouds at all. I walked along the beach, which was packed with holiday makers, and took a few photos of the bay. Then I did something I'd not done in years, I took my shoes and socks off and rolled my jeans up and went for a paddle. The sea was surprisingly warm and I really enjoyed feeling the water on my feet. Unfortunately the tide was now coming in so I kept getting caught unawares by the waves and before too long my jeans were soaked from the knees down, which made for a very uncomfortable drive home. It was worth it though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sometimes it's worth just being young again