Tuesday 8 April 2008

8th April 08 - Cream tea at Dukeries Garden Centre


Dad took Mum over to the hospital today for her operation so Chris and I headed off to the Dukeries Garden Centre at Welbeck for a walk around. Well Chris walked, I sat in the wheelchair while he pushed me around, an easy life!


We had a look round and bought some books then some clothing at the outdoors shop they have there. They also have a great farm shop full of local produce so we picked up a few bits and pieces there. It was somewhere I could have spent a fortune so it's a good job we didn't hang around too long.


Then we treated ourselves to a cream tea at the cafe there, the Lime House Cafe which is excellent.


Dad phoned to say Mum was settled at the hospital and the operation was scheduled for this afternoon. I really hope it goes well, it'll be great to have her home again too.

No comments: