Saturday 19 April 2008

19th April 08 - Flower display at local church


I went down to the church in my Mum and Dad's village today to see a flower display that they had to impress the judges in a Best Village Competition. The display was really impressive, not surprising as I know the lady who had done it, and she is very talented.


I'd taken the camera and tripod and a couple of lenses hoping to get some shots but I bumped into several old friends, including a girlfriend from over a decade ago, so I spent much of the time catching up with them and chatting away. I managed one or two photos and was quite pleased with this one.


It's strange living back with my parents for the time being, especially being back in the village I moved out of nearly ten years ago. It's great being here and spending time with them all again but I do feel like I'm getting under their feet a lot. Hopefully it won't be too long before this cast comes off and I'm mobile enough to drive home again. Chris took me over to Beverley today to check on the house and pick up the post...it was good to be back, if only for a few minutes.


1 comment:

S-V-H said...

The flowers are really beautiful, I hope the lady who did it won the competition.

And this is another great shot of yours! Thanks for commenting on my blog.:-)