Friday 18 April 2008

18th April 08 - Wanted to do this for ages!


I finally managed to get a photo of droplets falling into a glass of water. Now in the grand scheme of things...finding a cure for cancer, solving world debt, fixing climate change etc this may seem like a very minor achievement but trust me I was elated! I love photography so much and always get inspired by my friend's photos on Flickr and some photos by "Wappy Al" really made me sit up and say I want to do that!


So with the new macro lens set up on the tripod and a glass positioned under the tap I fired dozens of shots, until I realised it would be better with the flash on...after I got that sorted I started to get some pleasing results. Trust me, when you're spending most of the day in a cast with your foot up little triumphs like this feel really significant :))


This afternoon I got to cook dinner - as you know already I love to cook so I had fun getting all the ingredients together and after much hoping around on crutches and huffing and puffing I cooked fillet steak in a cream, white wine, shallot and mushroom sauce with cabbage and some potato gratin. Thanks to Mum for her help with the potatoes :)


Tomorrow I'm off down to our local church to photograph a flower display a good friend of the family, Sue has created for a village competition. I'm sure it will look amazing. Sue did a display for Mum when she was in hospital and it looked great.

2 comments:

S-V-H said...

You have a very nice blog! I came to your blog per chance and I'm glad I found you. Great shots!:-)

Jon Tait said...

Thanks very much Susanne, that's very kind of you :)