Sunday 20 April 2008

20th April 08 - Killing time


It's been a quiet day today, so after watching the football I decided to have a play with the camera and try and replicate some of the really good photos I'd seen on Flickr recently. There is a particularly commercial style of shot often used to advertise wine that I wanted to try and pull off. So armed with the tripod, new macro lens, a wine glass, white chopping board for a background and some water with red food colouring I set to work. I didn't use red wine as being on crutches I was convinced my co-ordination would be so off I'd end up spilling lots all over the kitchen.


I took a multitude of photos as usual and it was really hard to get the look I wanted. I wasn't totally happy with the result but some "playing" in Photoshop later made the best of a bad job. I love practicing with the camera and the Project365 thing I'm doing is forcing me to use the camera more and more. It's certainly the best way to learn and ultimately improve. I got this camera on boxing day (26th Dec 2007) and have taken nearly 6500 photos already!


Chris has gone out tonight to take his friend Cathy to a concert for her birthday. It's the Human League he's gone to see, not quite his cup of tea...he's more a fan of Metallica :) But I'm sure he'll have fun! Mum is busy getting better - I can't believe the progress she's made in such a short space of time. I thought she'd be almost bed-bound for the first week or so but she's right as rain, albeit with a little discomfort now and again, nothing the painkillers can't fix. Dad is doing well, he's busy making sure the house is running smoothly while us invalids sit there feeling hopeless. It's funny as he has commandeered the calendar and changed it into a menu system for the week ahead so he knows where he is. It's like having a pub "specials board" on the wall every night :)

No comments: