Friday 11 April 2008

11th Apil 08 - Sheffield Botanical Gardens


As Dad was busy round the house today Chris kindly offered to take me over to the Botanical Gardens in Sheffield to get some fresh air and to stretch my legs. When we got there it was raining so we headed into the large greenhouse and set about taking photos. I had my new macro lens with me and a monopod, I must have looked a right plonker with a camera round my neck resting on a monopod, two crutches and balancing on one leg trying to take photos. Needless to say the first 50 or so didn't come out too sharp, then I realised I had the focus set to one shot rather than AI Focus so they were bound to come out fuzzy with all the moving about I was doing. Having sorted that out I started to get some success, most of which are posted on my flickr profile. The image I've posted here is my favourite of the day, it looks like the sort of shot I always wished I could have taken before getting this lens. It's a great lens, very easy to use and really fast. I can't wait to be a bit more agile and mobile in a few weeks so I can get out and about with a tripod and see what it can really do.


This afternoon we went over to see Mum at the hospital again, after an awful journey to get there due to an accident on the motorway we only saw her for about 20 minutes, but she looks so much better which is fantastic. She was really cheerful and a lot more comfortable, although she still has some pain she has been able to get out and about a lot more and has eaten quite a bit too. Hopefully she'll be home before too long.

No comments: