Wednesday 9 April 2008

9th April 08 - Visited Mum in hospital then I did some baking


After another day with the plumbers at the house, where they managed to get lots done we headed out this afternoon to visit Mum in hospital. Like most people, I was looking forward to seeing Mum but pretty apprehensive about what I'd find as I knew she'd had had a major operation and would probably be in bad way. She was asleep when we arrived but awoke with the biggest smile I've ever seen when she realised we'd come to see her which was lovely.


She looked really well, even though she is still in a lot of pain. It was about 24 hours since they'd done the operation so she was in much better shape than I'd imagined. I'm really looking forward to getting her home so she can fully relax and start to get better.


After dinner tonight; beef casserole, mashed spuds and cabbage cooked by Dad, I set about making some food of my own. I found a recipe in one of the many food magazines and books lying around and thought I'd give it a go. It's called banana bread.


It was pretty easy for a man on crutches to make as it involved weighing a few ingredients, mixing them in a food mixer and pouring the whole lot into a bread tin and getting it in the oven. From the little bit I managed to taste that had leaked from the tin it tastes lovely! Just waiting for it to cool and we'll all have a slice.


I also ordered a new lens today from Warehouse Express, it's a Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro lens. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow, so you can expect a lot of closeup shots for the next few days :)

No comments: