Saturday 17 May 2008

May 17th 08 - The beard had to go


As I'm currently off work with my broken ankle I've taken to not shaving everyday...in fact it's come very easily as I hate shaving. It's a real trial doing it every morning ready for work and it's been nice just letting it grow over the last couple of weeks.


However, today I had had enough and the itching was getting almost unbearable so it had to go. I thought this was a quirky shot so I thought I'd share it with you. I actually think I look alright with a bit of stubble, maybe not a longer beard like this, but some stubble is OK :)


Apparently the Chinese and other eastern races are the most highly evolved humans on the planet and as don't have anywhere near as much body hair as the rest of us. So why haven't we caught up yet? Why do I have to shave every morning when I go to work? Why can't I take a pill or have an injection which stops the beard growing for ever? I think anyone here in the west who has a beard is holding up evolution, you're keeping us in the beard-ages. Shave it off...let us progress, become beardless and evolve!


So, please; David Bellamy, Brian Blessed, Santa Claus, Bill Oddie and all the rest of you...shave them off, now...for the sake of the rest of us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure the 50/50 look is really working for you there though Jon ;O)))

Jon Tait said...

yes I did get some strange looks :))