Saturday 24 May 2008

May 24th 08 - start of the black and white week


Mum and I decided to brave the Bank Holiday weekend traffic and headed out on a drive to find a few places to take photos.After a long wait in a traffic jam on the A1 we found ourselves at Tuxford so headed to the windmill there for a slice of cake and a drink. I plumped for chocolate cake while Mum had coffee and walnut. Both were delicious.


The windmill was very impressive and quite photogenic, if you could stand up in the wind! Ironically the windmill wasn't turning as it was too windy. We both go quite a few photos and then headed off past my old Scout camp at Walesby and onto Clumber Park. Mum and I took a few photos and I managed to explain to Mum all about the histogram function on her camera, no mean feat I can tell you! I think she understood and now knows how to do exposure compensation...she has come a long way :)


I've decided to do a week of black and white photos for my project365 (photo-a-day). Hopefully it might make me look harder for what to photograph and improve my digital editing skills. I'm going to allow duo tone and sepia too as they are of the same style I guess.


Let's see how I get on shall we?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea for a photo a day week jon- I just wish mine hadn't gone so downhill, so rapidly :S

Jon Tait said...

Thanks OBP - It's been a struggle so far but I'm determined to keep it going. There's nothing to stop you starting again. Or maybe doing a photo-a-week instead of a photo-a-day!