Monday 26 May 2008

May 26th 08 - Roche Abbey


This is Roche Abbey, an English Heritage property near Firbeck, South Yorkshire. The Cistercian abbey was built c1170 and now stands in a valley which was landscaped by 'Capability' Brown to show the ruins off to visitors. The abbey has one of the most complete English Cistercian monastery ground plans.


I last came here when I first got my old camera, so just over a year ago. It's not the most photogenic of places and really needs either a very dramatic sky behind it or a lovely sunrise or sunset to make the most of the location.Unfortunately none of he above came to our rescue today when Mum and I decided to make a visit. But we managed to take a few photos before heading to a nearby pub in Oldcotes for a drink. I enjoyed the walk though!


My brother had some great news today and is now the owner of a brand new Sony Alpha 200 D-SLR camera which he is chuffed to bits with. Read all about how this particular piece of good luck happened here.

No comments: