Thursday 1 May 2008

30th April 08 - Day two of the rainbow theme


Today was the second day of the rainbow theme and it was orange. So, I picked an orange to photograph :) Easy eh? I chose to do a macro and tried to display the fruit in segments. I tried lots of different angles and lighting but eventually settled for this "mirror-like" crop.


It's doing photos like this that hammer home to me how important lighting is and why you see professional set ups with lights at all angles and multiple reflectors. They must really aid in cutting out shadows and balance the light correctly. I chose the easy option however, and played about in Photoshop!


It was quite a quiet day, although it was a busy house last thing as we had to get the front room ready for the decorator coming tomorrow. Its surprising how many items there are to move, especially the paintings and prints. It'll look great though when it's all done.

No comments: