Tuesday 27 May 2008

May 27th 08 - What lovely weather?!


The third day in my black and white photo-a-day week. I had no idea what to take today, the weather has been awful all day; cold, wet, windy and now foggy! Dad suggested a shot of the barometer in the hallway, so I decided to set it against a stormy sky and this was the result. I'm pretty pleased with it. I just hope it's not jinxed us too much and the weather improves soon!


I feel shattered this evening. I've had a busy day but it's been fun. I went to the garden centre with Mum and bought a few things...she went for a plant that they had ordered for her a long time ago but it was way too big and too established for the garden so Mum decided to pass on it. We also talked to a lovely young lady there about my chilli plant and she gave us some great tips for what to do to rescue it. It's now doing really well and keeps threatening to produce the first chill peppers but then the buds die off, hopefully the tips the lady at the garden centre gave us will come through and we'll have fresh chilli's soon :)


I gave the chocolate brownie recipe another go today and cooked them for about 10 minutes less this time, they turned out perfect, really soft and moist. Beautiful. You can get the recipe here. I've asked the web admin to change the cooking time, but if you get there before he gets chance then make sure you cook them for about 35 minutes not 45 minutes as stated. They need to be slightly undercooked for the best texture.


I had some great news today from a stock photo site I use to store some of my photos. A large bank has contacted the site after selecting a small number of images to use for customers of the bank to have on their new credit/bank cards. My photo was amongst those chosen and I'll be paid a royalty for each time a customer decides to have my image on their card. It's not certain I'll get any money at all, but the market will be huge and obviously it will give my work some huge exposure and the potential to earn quite a bit is very high :) The image is this one of my eye.


Lastly, before I go and get a bath then settle down to watch the Apprentice. I wanted to wish my friend Ruby a very happy birthday. I hope you have a lovely time Ruby xx


No comments: