Saturday 31 May 2008

May 30th 08 - Gainsborough Old Hall


The last day in my black and white week of my photo-a-day project365. It's been quite a challenge really, so I'm glad of that. No point taking the same old photos day in day out so it has given me new ideas to think about and new processing techniques too.


This photo is of the inside of one of the rooms at Gainsborough Old Hall, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire. It's an English Heritage property which seems to be run by Lincolnshire Council. I'd recommend a visit if you're in the area, not only is it a beautiful building but they actually allow you to take photos inside and out, quite rare these days when it comes to old houses.


I thought some of the rooms were a bit plain and the furnishings didn't seem to match the era in some cases but all in all it was a great visit. Make sure you visit the kitchens (bottom floor) of the hall as they are beautifully presented and very interactive. I hear the Hall is often used for school parties and I can see why.


You can find out more about the Hall by visiting their website here: http://www.gainsborougholdhall.co.uk/

No comments: