Friday 23 May 2008

May 23rd 08 - Walkington


I had a trip back to Beverley today with Mum and Dad. We checked on the house and all was OK, thankfully. I'll be glad to get back there properly...even though I've loved the rest being at Mum and Dad's I'll be glad to be finally back on my feet and settled in my own house.


We called back at Walkington on the way home and had a sandwich lunch at the Fergusson Fawcett, a pub in the centre of the village, which was lovely. Dad and I had a roast beef sandwich while Mum went for salmon. All were very tasty, so if you're in the area I'd recommend you visit and try them for yourself. They also do an excellent carvery too.


After lunch we had a walk down to the village pond and took some photos. This one is of a row of cottages just by he pond and the entrance to the bowling green.


The best thing about the day fr me was that I managed to drive there and back. The first time I've driven for two months since breaking my ankle. It was a nice feeling being behind the wheel and gave me a feeling of independence again which was great, Although I'm paying for it now as my foot is very swollen and painful tonight...but at least that's one more step on the way to full recovery :)

No comments: