Friday 13 June 2008

June 12th 08 - Skidby windmill


It was getting late and I'd not taken my photo of the day so I went out for a short drive to try and get inspired, thinking if I didn't see anything at all I'd take some long light trails of the cars long the motorway as there are lots of bridges along the stretch of the M62 near me that make great vantage points.


I was on my way to one of these bridges, having not seen anything of interest at all, when on the horizon I saw the windmill at Skidby all lit up. It looked great so I found somewhere to park and thankfully you could get quite close, so I took the tripod and got a few shots. The light was beautiful with a really strong moon behind me helping with the lighting.


I was so lucky spotting it when I did....I can now save the car trails for another non-inspired night :)

No comments: