Tuesday 10 June 2008

June 8th 08 - Early Father's Day day out


Mum and Dad are busy with friends visiting next weekend so we decided to get together as a family and celebrate Father's Day a week early. It was a beautiful day so we grabbed the cameras and headed into Derbyshire to the Crich Tramway Museum. It's funny how photography as a hobby opens up so many different places to visit for you. I wouldn't be at all interested in going to a tram museum without having been interested into photography but I really enjoyed the day. They had all the working trams out on the tracks and they were all available to ride on and have a good look round so we all took plenty of photos :) This is a shot of Chris (my brother) on the front of the top deck of a tram.


They have 1940's themed weekends there every August bank holiday so they should be really worth a visit as there are lots of old classic cars and people in period dress around. A must for anyone with a camera I think!


After a good old soak in the sun we headed home for dinner. We all had a really good day. I was shattered though as I'd gone the whole day without using my crutches, trying my best to get my foot working again...I managed OK although I was very slow and in pain some of the time...but it is getting easier which is good to see.


No comments: