Tuesday 10 June 2008

June 9th 08 - Clumber Park


This is Clumber Park, a National Trust property in North Nottinghamshire, near Worksop. I used to work there as a teenager between about 1992 and 1997. It's a beautiful park centered around a lake and has stunning countryside and lovely walks to keep you occupied. There isn't a house there anymore as it burnt down a long time ago but there is a shop, walled gardens, chapel, cycle hire, restaurant, plant sales and a whole host of things to do. Or you can simply sit back and relax in the sun or watch the cricket on the green.


I love coming here, it reminds me of what a great time I had working there...especially on beautiful days like today when it truly does stand out as a great place to be. This photo was taken while Mum, Dad and I sat on a bench soaking up the view (and the sun) and shows the chapel and restaurant buildings from the lake side path

No comments: