Thursday 26 June 2008

June 23rd 08 - Blue sky thinking


First day back at work today after nearly three months off. I was really nervous and excited at the same time. It was great to see everyone again and to catch up with what has been going on, but it was a shock to the system being back at my desk dealing with normal life again.


I enjoyed it though, it gave me something else to think about other than my ankle! I've missed the people I work with so it was great to see them again. I'm lucky that I work in a really friendly and supportive team and have some close friends there so in that respect I have a nice environment to go to each day.


In the morning I caught up on post and the hundreds of emails that had come in while I've been off. Thankfully much of the work had been undertaken by colleagues or managed in such a way that it could easily be done once I got back so there was nothing too urgent to attend to which was nice. In the afternoon I got out and did some site visits, more to ease myself into the working week than anything else, but it was great to be out in the sun again.


I wasn't even supposed to be in today. My manager and I had had a mix up when we were deciding when I was coming back. Today was supposed to be one of my compressed (I work longer hours each day and get every other Monday off in return) days...oh well, not to worry, I'll carry it over to next week instead :)

No comments: