Saturday 21 June 2008

June 19th 08 - Renishaw Hall, Derbyshire


I'd gone back to Mum and Dad's last night for the night as a friend of the family and business partner to my brother was hosting a Pampered Chef party at the house and I said I'd go along. We had a great time, ate some fabulous food and I ordered a few things for the kitchen too. I love kitchen gadgets, but I always run out of room to keep them, so I made sure I stuck to small things this time.


Today we went to Renishaw Hall in Derbyshire for the afternoon. I'd told Mum and Dad about it before and said it looked worthy of a visit. The house itself isn't open to the public, except for special occasions, but the grounds and gardens are beautiful and very accessible. They offer great views of the house itself and there are lots of interesting nooks and crannies to explore. After a long walk round (we only saw half of it) we then headed to the cafe for a slice of cake and a drink. I'd recommend you head over there if you're in the area and it's a nice day. The adjoining golf course didn't look too bad either :)

No comments: