Monday 2 June 2008

June 2nd 08 - These boots were made for walking


I took myself out for a drive this afternoon, I felt like I needed some time on my own and to enjoy my own company. I ended up near Haversage in the Peak District and as I drove along I saw the most wonderful view down into the valley so I pulled up on the side of the road, gingerly made my way over a style and sat on the grass and soaked it in for a while. It was really peaceful up there and it made me long for the day when this ankle is back to normal and I can pull my hiking boots on again and go for a walk with the camera. Hopefully it won't be too long now.


Today is my last day at Mum and Dad's as I'm moving back home tomorrow. The broken ankle has healed enough that I am able to get about relatively easily and can now get up and down stairs easily enough and as I can drive now, getting to the shops shouldn't be a problem either. So I thought I'd spend the last 2 and a half weeks or so before I am to go back to work recovering at home. It'll be strange being back at home after spending so long here with the family. It's been great though, they have really looked after me well and, even though I'm sure it hasn't been easy for them, I have felt very welcome here...taking over the music room :)


Thank you to Mum, Dad and my brother Chris for being so patient with me staying at their place. You've all been very kind xx

No comments: