Tuesday 17 June 2008

June 14th 08 - spent a day in York with Ruby


I met up with my Flickr friend Ruby today in York. She was staying there the night on her way down to Portsmouth for work. Bless her, she'd ridden all the way from Edinburgh on her motorbike then rushed into town to meet me at the Minster. It was great to see her again, having met up with earlier in the year in Edinburgh.


We went and found somewhere for lunch and ended up at Cafe Rouge near the Minster before heading back and doing the Minster. I love it in there and I'm always awe struck by the beauty of the place and how it manages to stay standing and looking so magnificent after all those years.


I've always wanted to go up the tower as I'd heard the views are amazing, but every time I'd been I was either too late or for some reason the tour was off. Today however, we were in luck. So after just over 250 steps we reached the top, out of breath and with shaky knees. But the view was worth it. You had a 360 degree view of the city skyline and as it was a fairly clear day you could see for miles.


After we made our way back down we headed into town and had a coffee...any excuse to rest our weary legs really :) We also had a walk through the town and sat down by the river and watched the boats for a little while before finding a restaurant for dinner. Then we had an adventure trying to find out where her hotel was...unfortunately Ruby shares my carefree attitude to navigation so we were like lost sheep for a while, but we got there in the end.


I love spending time with Ruby, she's a lot of fun and is great company. I hope we get to meet up again soon, thanks for a great day Ruby x

No comments: