Tuesday 17 June 2008

June 16th 08 - The Deep at night


Another nighttime run out in search of different photos to take. This time I had a long drive taking in the sunset at Hornsea Mere (fizzled out to nothing), the wind farm at Easington (not enough light) and then into Hull (run the risk of chavs). I ended up at the Deep down by the fruit market. I'd seen several photos of this place at night, some of the best by a Flickr contact, CMP72 so I knew it would make for a good shot.


I was really lucky as the tide was just at the right height to make the reflection the right size to fit in the frame. It would have been no problem for a wide angle lens (10mm maybe) but I had 18mm to work with and just about managed to fit it in.


It was a lovely warm June evening too so it was quite nice standing there all peaceful taking the photos.

No comments: