Wednesday 19 March 2008

Food for a thank you :)


Today was a busy day with inspections this morning at a quarry then onto a petrol station. When I got to the petrol station they had closed as the power company had cut the power off to do some work, thankfully I managed to find the paperwork I was looking for and did what I needed to do. Although the alarms going off in the store were driving me mad!


Then I headed off to the office where I had a lovely surprise waiting for me. A few weeks ago I'd helped out a lady at work's daughter with some problems she'd been having with her computer. Today, Hilary, the lady who's daughter I'd helped out, brought in lots of food she'd cooked at home for me as their way of saying thank you. I was really touched, it was so nice of her to go to all that effort, even though I told her on numerous occasions there was no need to.


It's all homemade and smells delicious. I've got stew and dumplings (my favourite), lemon meringue pie and an apple pie.


Yummy!!

No comments: