Saturday 15 March 2008

A very misty walk at Spurn Point


After last night I needed some fresh air so set off down to Spurn Point for a walk. I've seen so many great photos of the place but every time I go there the weather is awful and today was no exception.
The area was covered in a blanket of mist with a very light rain which didn't help.

I had a walk around and eventually settled for a few shots of the jetty. I was using my new ND grad filter which seemed to help darken the mist a little but I need more practice to make sure I can control it's effects the way I want to. Maybe it's more suited to shots with a level horizon, the fact that the jetty came in from the top corner of these shots didn't help as the filter made it very dark. I may try again tomorrow if the weather is half decent and take a drive up to the Yorkshire Dales. I enjoyed the walk though and I feel a lot more refreshed for it too :)

The final image is processed using a texture and a multiply layer. I like the effect, and may have a go at making some of my own textures.

No comments: