Sunday 16 March 2008

Robin Hoods Bay


Today I headed up the coast to one of my favourite place to take photos on the North Yorkshire coast, Robin Hoods Bay. When I got there I was amazed to find a parking space in the little car park at the top of the hill so I parked up and headed down the hill. The clouds were beginning to form so I knew the weather was about to take a turn for the worse so I took a few shots looking down into the town and sure enough the rain came. I went and found a cafe and had a sit down for a bit before trudging back up the hill, stopping several times to enjoy the view, not because I was out of breath you understand :)


I headed home to Beverley and on my way I stopped at Morrisons in Scarborough for some food shopping. As I got back to the car I noticed the rear tyre on the passenger side was almost flat, I knew I didn't have a "wheel-removal-tool-thingy" in the boot as I'd cleared out most of the boot the other day so I jumped in the car and slowly set off in search of a garage. I knew it was Sunday but I hoped against hope that I'd find somewhere. The first few I passed were all shut and I could hear the wheel making more of a noise so I knew I had to stop riding around on it soon. I was just about to ring a mate I knew who lived in Scarborough for some help when, like a light on the horizon, a Kwik-Fit appeared. I pulled in, as they were open, and the chap told me they'd have it done before 4pm! Great news! So I went off for a walk to kill the two hours before 4pm and eventually my car was fixed so I went on my way. Good old Kwik-Fit.


On the way home between Driffield and Beverley I had a very pretty young lady behind me in a Peugeot 306 and she was singing along to every song on the radio, she was really animated and so funny. Thank you, whoever you were, you really cheered me up!

No comments: