Monday 10 March 2008

Day out in Edinburgh with Ruby


I'd been invited by a Flickr friend, Ruby to come meet up with her in Edinburgh for the day while I was staying at Berwick. I took her up on her offer and I was really glad I did. I met up with Ruby at the Scott Monument and off we headed into town for a coffee and a fascinating historical tour of Edinburgh. Ruby has such love and passion for the city and she truly bleeds blue and white Scot so she was able to tell me so much about what makes Edinburgh great.


We had a drink and a raspberry & white chocolate muffin, then off for a walk down the Royal Mile, taking in the Cathedral, hidden burial grounds, the only legal place in Scotland you can spit (so spit we did!) buried streets, ghosts, the Scottish Parliament building, and then off for lunch.


We hardly stopped talking all day and I found her great company. I hope to be able to meet up with her again as I'm sure there is more of Edinburgh to see. Hopefully she'll take her new bike out for a spin down into Yorkshire one day and let me return the favour. Although I may have to brush up on the history of the area to match her ability :)


Thanks once again Ruby, I had a great day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just shows that you can make up anything and tell an Englishman ;-) I'm sure this was my photo - didn't I borrow the camera for a bit?

Jon Tait said...

This one isn't yours :p

I didn't feel right posting your photo up as you'd accuse me of stealing lol. I'll email it to you, it was a great photo