Thursday 6 March 2008

Springtime


Spring seems to be finally here. I spot loads of spring flowers on highway verges and woodland on my travels but only three daffodils so far have made an appearance in my front garden. Unfortunately one had been knocked over either by the wind or someone walking down the path so I thought I'd save it from getting trampled and make a photo out of it instead.


I took several shots of it and messed around with the lighting but when I got them up on the computer none of them looked to be any good. So I played around in Photoshop CS2 and came up with the shot I've posted here. I'm pretty pleased with it as its the first of it's kind I've ever done. I used a texture I downloaded from a lady on Flickr who makes them for other people to use and then altered several layers to get this result. I like the effect and will try it again.


As for my day...well don't ask!

No comments: